North Carolina Wesleyan COED CHEERLEADING SPRING TRYOUTS 2019
Dates & Location:
- April TBD
- Check In: Cheerleaders check in and turn in required forms.
- Morning Session: Cheerleaders are evaluated on tryout material and tumbling, then practice stunts.
- Afternoon Session: Skills assessment.
- Taylor Center Auxiliary Gymnasium
- Must register by April 12th, 2019 by completing the registration form.
- Cheerleaders are required to bring a copy of a current sports physical at check-in.
- Stunt Requirements:
- Stunt 1: Stretch full down. Your choice of entry. (Can be group, 2 man or coed)
- Stunt 2: Optional stunt sequence including inversions and spinning entries. Transitions are recommended but not required. (Can be group, 2 man or coed)
- Flyers should show elite flexibility and exceptional body awareness.
- Bases should show strength and control.
- Stunt 3: Males will be asked to show a coed stunt of their choice.
- Jumps & Tumbling (will be evaluated on a non-spring floor)
- Jump sequence of your choice
- 1 Standing tumbling pass (ex: standing BHS, BHS series, standing tuck)
- 2 Running tumbling passes
- Tryout material (sidelines and fight song)
- Brief interview
Eligibility to Tryout:
- Must have been accepted to NC Wesleyan
- Must register by completing the below registration form before April 12th, 2019.
- Insurance Packet and Releases
- Enlarged Copy of Insurance Cards – Health/Prescription/Dental/Vision (front and back
- All decisions are final and up to the discretion of the coaching staff who will be evaluating
- If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org